Last Updated on January 28, 2022
Mornings are typically hectic times for a family, and spending time preparing breakfast might not be realistic. That’s where the convenience, and the nutrition, of overnight oats comes in really, really handy!
Apple cinnamon overnight oats are almost like having dessert for breakfast, with the natural sweetness of fresh apples, the fragrance of cinnamon (apple pie, anyone?), and just a touch of honey.
You’ll feel good knowing that you and your family are eating well, and enjoying a tasty treat as well. Apples are full of good nutrition, and with the healthy benefits of oatmeal, this breakfast is a superfood for sure.
So gather these simple ingredients and whip up a batch of these healthy overnight oats!
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk – sweet or unsweet
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp chopped walnuts – optional
- In a bowl, blend together the oats, yogurt, milk, and honey until blended.
- Add the apple and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl, or place into two mason jars and cover with lids.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and add the walnuts before serving.
Leave a Reply