Last Updated on January 2, 2022
Are you looking for a lighter oatmeal recipe? Perhaps a fruity, creamy taste with a little bit of sweetness? Then you’ll be glad you stopped by, my friend. This berries and cream oatmeal is just what you’re taste buds are searching for!
A lighter feeling oatmeal with a few servings of fresh fruit is likely to help you to feel more energized after eating the carbs in the oatmeal, and your blood sugar won’t spike as heavily causing you to feel tired in the middle of the day.
We know that oats are part of a healthy diet. They offer a number of nutritious benefits – actually there are 6 that stand out:
- Oatmeal is packed with nutrients like iron, magnesium, and zinc. They give us energy and boost our immunity.
- Oatmeal contains fiber so we’ll feel fuller for longer. In just 1/2 cup of oats you’ll get 4 grams of fiber.
- Oatmeal does not contain added sugars (the plain, simple oats).
- Oatmeal is very versatile as a meal, a snack, or part of a recipe.
- Oatmeal can help lower cholesterol because of the soluble fiber it contains.
- Oatmeal can help decrease your risk of heart disease.
So now that we’ve sung the praises of oatmeal, take a look at this simple recipe for berries and cream oatmeal. It just might become one of your favorites!
If you click on a link and then make a purchase, we may earn small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
How to Make Berries and Cream Oatmeal
Berries and Cream Oatmeal
- 2 servings prepared oatmeal steel cut, regular, or quick oats
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tblsp orange juice use fresh squeezed if desired
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tblsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tblsp coffee creamer use vanilla flavor coffee creamer if desired
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup powdered sugar may use powdered sugar substitute
- Prepare oatmeal as directed for 2 servings.
- Meanwhile, in another small pan, combine berries, vanilla, orange juice, honey, and salt.
- Simmer until berries become soft and being to fall apart. Set aside to cool.
- Make the cream: Combine the coffee creamer and powdered sugar and blend until it is creamy. Add more liquid or powdered sugar if needed.
- Divide the oatmeal into two bowls and pour 1/2 of the strawberry mixture over each. Stir and swirl it into the oatmeal.
- Drizzle 1/2 of the cream over each bowl.
What type of oatmeal do you prepare? Maybe it’s time to try something a little different!
- Premium Steel Cut Oats - Whole Grain
- Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free
- Also known as Pinhead Oats or Irish Oats
- Gluten Free, Non-GMO, and Vegan Friendly, with no added ingredients!
- Make a bowl of oatmeal, add it to pancakes, cookies, granola bars and so much more!
- WHOLE GRAIN GOODNESS: Organic Extra Thick Rolled Oats (and we mean nice and extra thick ) are toasted and freshly milled from the highest quality organic oats
- GOOD SOURCE OF FIBER: One serving provides 14% of your daily value
- ORGANIC: Certified Organic by QAI
- NON-GMO: Non-GMO Project Verified; we’ve always been committed to sourcing raw materials that are not modified through genetic engineering
- BOB'S RED MILL: Make folks a little happier: it’s the idea that keeps our stone mills grinding to fill every bag with wholesome goodness
Leave a Reply