Last Updated on March 15, 2022
If you’re searching for a simple, tasty, nutritious way to enjoy breakfast without spending lots of time in the kitchen, this blueberry overnight oats with chia and yogurt might be just perfect for you!
Antioxidants are good for us because they help to keep us young and repair damage that is done to the body by exposure to pollutants and other agents that can cause illness. These dangerous agents come in the form of free radicals, which can change the structure of cells and make them cancerous, but antioxidants can repair this damage.
Blueberries are an excellent source of antioxidants, and they make a great addition to any oatmeal dish.
Chia seeds are another source of nutrition that have been a part of our diet for hundreds of years. Many Native American tribes included chia seeds regularly in their diet, maybe not so much for breakfast, but as an ingredient in tortillas. They were also used to make soup, and were regarded as a treatment for a variety of ailments.
Today we’re using these healthy little seeds in a number of ways, and adding them to our breakfast is one of them.
Just 1 tablespoon of chia seeds packs 2 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, and also has 5 grams of fat and 6 grams of carbs. They are also full of nutrients including omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fiber.
One thing to keep in mind is portion size, as a little bit of chia seeds go a long way!
If you click on a link and then make a purchase, we may earn small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Blueberry Overnight Oats Recipe
Overnight Oats with Blueberries, Chia, and Yogurt
- Mason jar with cover, or covered bowl
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup plain almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Combine the oats, yogurt, almond milk, chia seeds, honey, vanilla, and 1/4 cup of blueberries.
- Mix well.
- Place cover on jar or bowl and place in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Add the rest of the blueberries just before serving along with the cinnamon.
- Serve cold, or if preferred, heat in microwave for about 30 to 45 seconds.
What do you need to make this nutritious breakfast with blueberries, chia, and yogurt?
Blueberry overnight oats with chia and yogurt is a wonderful way to include some essentials that we need for a healthy lifestyle. Why not make some for yourself now?